Spring in Italy
Thursday, June 15, 2006
  Three weeks to sketch to my hearts content



Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. I am currently working on prints, paintings and collages inspried by this experience and planning to take a group to the Amalfi Coast (southern Italy) in spring 2007. We'll take several day trips (pompeii, capri, positano) and work in our sketchbooks. If you have any feedback, suggestions, or are interested in coming along in the spring please contact me at mphackmann@comcast.net.

Three weeks in Italy, Spring 2006. I am still dreaming of the Italian cities, countryside, culture and the time to create and play in the studio. It was heavenly to be there for so long. I felt like I could sit still and enjoy it as opposed to sprinting from one sight to the next in hopes not to miss one single experience (or pair of fabulous italian leather shoes). I had time to notice what was happening around me and sketch to my hearts content. I filled three sketchbooks. (note to self: next time pack more pens) Here are a few of my favorite sketches and a couple corresponding photos (so you can see what I really mean). I was there to assist on a painting trip - my role was teaching sketchbook development.
 
Comments:
i'm a friend and old student of jodi greico, she sent me the link to your blog! I realllly enjoy your sketches!! I studied in Cortona Italy for one semester in 2005, and we traveled to almost all the places that you sketched! Absolutely wonderful!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

I'm a spirited artist and instructor with lots of energy. Currently I'm developing paintings, prints, books and collages that are inspired and developed in my sketchbooks. This fall I'll be offering a sketchbook development course at the Corcoran, and a workshop in Portland, Oregon in hopes to pass along what I've learned through working in mine. To see more about my artwork please go to mphackmann.com

ARCHIVES
June 2006 /


Powered by Blogger