Spring in Italy
Thursday, June 15, 2006
  Sorrento - Sketchbook Three




Not that I’m planning on going anywhere anytime soon - but I told Chad I wanted my ashes scattered here when I go. Sorrento and the Amalfi coast is heaven on earth as far as I’m concerned. The hills are dotted with lemon and olive trees that go on until it reaches the coast. Endless views of pastel colored coastal towns slip down the coast against the blue blue water that blends right in to the sky. Blue blue blue blue and turquoise. We only had 2 days there. I must go back. I need to go back, I’m not finished sketching there yet. And my blood-level-limoncello count is dropping. Like provence drips with lavender this region utilizes every last squeeze of their lemons - including the rind. It's worked into breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, color palettes, it’s everywhere. When we checked out of our hotel they gave us 6 humongous lemons for the road?!?! hmm... I peeled and tried one - gorgeous on the eyes - but this is still a lemon.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

I'm a spirited artist and instructor with lots of energy. Currently I'm developing paintings, prints, books and collages that are inspired and developed in my sketchbooks. This fall I'll be offering a sketchbook development course at the Corcoran, and a workshop in Portland, Oregon in hopes to pass along what I've learned through working in mine. To see more about my artwork please go to mphackmann.com

ARCHIVES
June 2006 /


Powered by Blogger