Spring in Italy
Thursday, June 15, 2006
  Day trip through the Amalfi Coast


Here is a sketch and picture from our road trip to Amalfi, Ravello, and Positano. (I’m dang glad we weren’t driving... note: do not be tempted to rent, drive, or park a car here). The endless views of terraced lemon and olive groves and water goes in as far as the eye can see. Over every cliff and turn was another spectacular view. These lemon, terra cotta, salmon, and sea foam buildings seem to be miraculously balancing on top of each other. Every inch is gorgeous. Every hill and corner in the road reveals another gem to feast your eyes on. Many of the areas religious buildings are topped with vibrant green and yellow majorca tiles (the regions local colors), it’s sings out against the blue skies and water vistas. Even though the buildings are smooshed together it feels clean clear and uncomplicated. Heavenly to me.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:

I'm a spirited artist and instructor with lots of energy. Currently I'm developing paintings, prints, books and collages that are inspired and developed in my sketchbooks. This fall I'll be offering a sketchbook development course at the Corcoran, and a workshop in Portland, Oregon in hopes to pass along what I've learned through working in mine. To see more about my artwork please go to mphackmann.com

ARCHIVES
June 2006 /


Powered by Blogger